Updated: Mar 21, 2022
Communities change and evolve over time. Conversations about why, where, and how revitalization and redevelopment could happen are essential to ensure our communities change in the right ways.
Join the conversation about the future of the Westbrook Communities – Wildwood, Spruce Cliff, Westgate, Rosscarrock, Shaganappi, Glendale, Killarney/ Glengarry, Glenbrook and Upper Scarboro/Sunalta West and Richmond (west of Crowchild Trail).
Let’s chat about what’s driving change, where growth could be focused, where larger buildings could go, and what direction is needed to ensure new development integrates well into your community.
Provide your input online or register for a virtual engagement session at calgary.ca/Westbrook.
Get Involved – Westbrook Communities Local Area Planning
Phase 2 of the Westbrook Communities Local Area Planning project kicks off March 7, 2022.
This phase of engagement will focus on exploring where and how growth and change could happen in the Westbrook Communities area (Wildwood, Spruce Cliff, Westgate, Rosscarrock, Shaganappi, Glendale, Killarney/Glengarry, Glenbrook and portions of Richmond and Upper Scarboro/Sunalta West).
In this phase, you can provide your input on:
1. Focus areas for new growth and redevelopment within the Westbrook Communities.
2. Development direction needed to ensure great development in the Westbrook Communities.
Opportunities to provide input are available March 7 to April 3, 2022.
· Provide your input online at Calgary.ca/Westbrook
· Check your mailbox for an engagement booklet or pick one up at a My Idea Station starting the week of March 7. Each engagement booklet includes a comment form that can be mailed in or dropped off at a My Idea Station (a My Idea Station map is provided in the booklet and available online).
· Join a virtual engagement session in March – check out the schedule at Calgary.ca/Westbrook and register for a session.
We need your input to help guide future change, growth and redevelopment in the area and in your community.
Input collected through this phase of engagement will be used to refine local area plan content and concepts, including community investment priorities. The next phase of engagement is anticipated for June 2022. Visit Calgary.ca/Westbrook to learn more, provide input and subscribe for updates.
Why is a local area plan being created for the Westbrook Communities?
People renovate, rebuild, expand and modify buildings and spaces around them all the time. The City’s job is to make sure there’s flexibility for people looking to make changes, there’s direction to help guide development when change is proposed, and there’s certainty for residents to know how their community may change in the future. A local area plan provides guidance on what growth makes sense where and sets expectations for how that change occurs.